Landscape & Garden Maintenance
We love plants. We love the outdoors. We love to be surrounded by nature and its beauty. We find simple happiness when we enhance nature’s beauty: Removing spent blooms, pulling weeds, tilling the earth. Fiddler’s Green takes this passion for horticulture and applies it to your garden. Each detail is noted, just like we would do in our own yard. Let our team of professionals maintain your whole yard or just your shrub beds. The proper maintenance of your yard will help you achieve that award winning look and keep your garden healthy.
Spring Clean Up: This is our chance to prepare your garden for the growing season. Spring cleanups happen during April and in to May. During this one time visit, we will:
- Power rake
- Mow and trim the lawn
- Remove road gravel/winter debris from lawn edges
- Blow leaves out from beds and off of hard surfaces
- Cut back perennials
- Remove winter displays from pots
Weekly Garden Maintenance: From May until October, we will cater to your garden each week and take all of the garden debris away. Our weekly garden maintenance visit includes:
- Mowing and trimming all grass areas
- Maintaining crisp edges between lawn/shrub beds and the edges along sidewalks and driveways
- Removing grass from paving stone edges and patios
- Removing weeds from shrub beds
- Cultivating bare soil beds
- Monitoring for pests and diseases
- Trimming hedges and shrubs as needed
- Perennial care: staking, deadheading, removing damaged foliage
- Granular application of fertilizer to lawn areas (x4/season) and to the trees and shrubs (x2/season)
- Basic fall cleanup, during each visit in October, to collect leaves, cut back perennials, and remove annuals from pots
- Additional Fall Cleanup: If warm weather continues into November, we can return for additional fall cleanup as some trees hold on to their leaves past October and late into fall! Additional charges apply.
Fall Clean Up: If a fall cleanup is all you need, we time them during mid-late October and before the snow falls. Fall cleanup includes:
- Collect leaves from lawn, beds, and hard surfaces
- Cut back perennials
- Remove annuals from beds and pots
- Final mow to collect all debris from lawn
Additional Garden Maintenance Services:
- Winter Tree Pruning: Deadwood, disease, and crossing branches are easily seen when the leaves have fallen off of the tree.
- Garden Cleanup/Renovation: We can cleanup any garden! We can prune overgrown shrubs, move or divide perennials, and remove weeds from beds.
- Planting trees, shrubs, perennials
- Amending Soil
- Minor Landscape Repairs: Repairing heaved paving stones,
- Bed Edges: Cutting new edges, installing professional grade plastic edging, and installing paving stone edging